PINK OUT RESULTS

Allyson Heard, Editor

With the help of students, staff, and community members, National Honor Society raised $650 on Friday 14 during the Pink Out themed football game. Spectators, players, and the Quarry Crew were decked out in pink to support breast cancer awareness. 

“I think that the Pink Out game went really well this year. It was difficult to get everything organized and spread the word, but by the end of the game we were able to sell out and raise a good amount of money to help support Breast Friends,” National Honor Society president Emily Gordon said. 

The 200 shirts sold raised $650 that was donated to Breast Friends, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for female cancer patients. 

According to the Breast Friends website (https://www.breastfriends.org/breast-cancer-charities/our-history/) “Breast Friends believes that no woman should go through the cancer experience alone; unfortunately, it happens. We find that even women with friends and family nearby often fail to receive the kind of emotional, spiritual or physical support they really need. Our programs are designed to aid in making sure proper support is given and received. Every woman in America will be touched by breast or other women’s cancers in her lifetime. One in eight women will be diagnosed, and the other seven will know her. Our goal is to reach the seven in order to help the one.” 

Thanks to the members of Slater Nation and Breast Friends, women around the country will be given the support they need to help them during their battle against breast cancer.