WILL PLANS CAREER IN AUDIOLOGY

Allyson Heard, Editor

Soccer star Kylee Will has impressed the Slater Nation during her four years on the girls soccer team. Now that her high school career is over, she begins to prepare for her future in audiology. 

Soccer has been an important part of Will’s life since the age of 4 and for her it is more than just a hobby.                                  

“I stayed with soccer because the game taught me that it is okay to make mistakes and mess up, it’s how you fix and learn from those mistakes that not only make you a better player, but person as well,” Will said. 

Over her past four seasons, Will has made a multitude of achievements for herself and her team. 

Freshman year Will was Lehigh Valley Live Player of the Week, earned most goals scored by a freshman, Express Times Honorable Mention, Express Times Third Team All-Area, Coaches Award, and Most Improved Player.

Sophomore year, Will broke the school’s record for most goals scored in a game with six. Additonally, she was Lehigh Valley Live Player of the Week, All League First Team, and All-Area First Team her junior year. 

Will finished her high school season with breaking the school record by scoring the most amount of goals with 86, named Lehigh Valley Live girls soccer Player of the Week twice, one of the team captains, and All-League Honorable Mention. 

“As captain I had to make sure everyone was working hard while at the same time having fun. We set up a lot of team bonding like going to wing night and having pool parties, which I think helped the team a lot,” Will said. 

Will’s sense of leadership and determination helped guide fellow teammates through four successful seasons during her career as a Lady Slater. 

“Kylee really tried to help with the JV girls and made sure they understood everything. She made it a really fun environment,” junior Carmela Simineri said. 

With a role as important as Will’s, it will be hard for the Lady Slaters to replace her in the seasons to come. 

“I think that this year Kylee really showed the team how important it was to work our hardest,” junior Elyse Ippolito said. “Without her next season, we will need to make sure we keep that energy and intensity she brought and put it towards having a successful season.” 

When Will isn’t playing soccer for Bangor, she is perfecting skills with her club team, FC Pocono. 

“Club has helped me tremendously on my footwork and has helped my game from a defensive stand point on the field,” Will said. 

Now that Will’s high school soccer career has come to a close, she begins the next chapter of her life. 

“I’m looking to go to college at either East Stroudsburg University or Bloomsburg because both schools have my major, their campuses are beautiful, and their soccer teams are very good,” Will said. “I’m not 100% sure if I’m going to play soccer in college but I may play at ESU or walk on at Bloomsburg.” 

Although Will’s college choice is uncertain, her field of study is definite.  

“I plan on getting my Masters in speech pathology and audiology because I really want to work and help deaf people and their families. My ultimate dream is to work in a hospital to help the doctors and translate for the patients,” Will said.  

Whether she is playing soccer at ESU or sticking to her studies at Bloomsburg, she will be sure to make her alma mater proud.