MR. SCOTT MOUSLEY: BANGOR’S SUPPORT STAFF OF THE MONTH

Chris Youngkin, Reporter

Mr. Mousley, Bangor’s head custodian, has dedicated energy and time in providing a healthy Bangorian atmosphere for years and has been recognized as this month’s stand out employee. 

Originally from Pocono Mountain, Mousley took up work in the district to be closer to his family. Using his leadership abilities, he finally managed to obtain the esteemed head custodian position. 

For work, Mousley arrives before daybreak, and stays long after the students have left for the day. He does this starting in late August and works nonstop through the end of July. 

“Our work involves constant movement… we handle many things ranging from your basic locker troubles to, in the summer, removing each and every furniture piece, rug, and tile from every classroom, and clean everywhere,” Mousley said. 

However, these tasks would prove daunting, if it were not for his team. His awesome team of custodians effectively manage these issues in a timely manner. 

“He is a great leader who keeps everyone moving- no matter how small the task may be,” Devon Labar said. 

Though just completing this job day in and day out is exceptional enough, Mousley makes the time to help clubs when they are in need.  If a club needs a ladder, he will find one. If the club has posters that are falling down, he will try to return them to their original position. As an example, Mousley and his team were instrumental to the success of this years’ bonfire, again, obtaining any and all materials needed for it.   

“I believe that the students work very hard on these posters,” Mousley said. “I’d hate to see them kicked and thrown about on the ground.” 

Clubs in particular are only part of what makes Bangor, what Mousley calls the ‘special sub-culture’, unique. Whether it is the music program, or the rivalry with Pen Argyl, Bangor has the ability to bring people together and create a unique community only found here.  

As for the foreseeable future, Mousley is determined to stay at Bangor, where he plans to preserve and expand this culture.