LIBRARY SEATING GIFT FOR UPPERCLASSMEN

Allyson Heard, Editor

This year, seniors and juniors have the privilege of relaxing at the new café tables and modular seating arrangements located in the far-right corner of the library; they have the legendary Miss Taylor to thank. 

VIP seating is in memory of Miss Taylor and all she did in her great career at Bangor, including creating Operation Graduation, working the drama club for many years, and teaching senior English. Miss Taylor continued to teach through her illness, touching lives and inspiring everyone she met before she passed away in November of 2014. 

“All of the new seating are gifts from Miss Taylor. She donated money to the library for updates and anything that she would have approved of,” Mrs. Bruch said. “Miss Taylor loved reading. Her favorite book was To Kill a Mockingbird, she even named her cats after the main characters. In fact, there is a whole set donated in memory of her.” 

During Miss Taylor’s 36 years as a Bangor teacher, she loved to joke around with the upperclassmen; Miss Taylor’s soft spot for the seniors is what makes the ‘upperclassmen only’ seating so fitting.

“The new seats offer juniors and seniors a place to get away from the underclassmen,” Mrs. Bruch said. “I check the students’ IDs and will throw them out if they are not a junior or senior.” 

It may seem unfair to underclassmen now, but it adds another privilege for them to look forward to as they make their way through the high school.