CHARGING PORTS IN MEMORY OF MISS TAYLOR

Maria Bartolucci, Reporter

Miss Marianne Taylor, an English teacher and lover of books and especially the library, taught at Bangor High School for 36 years. Unfortunately, she took ill and after an admirable battle with cancer she passed away in November 2014. Now, she is being honored with charging ports thanks to librarian Mrs. Bruch who admires Miss Taylor dearly. 

“Miss Taylor had always been intrigued with technology and now we have iPads, so it made sense to have something in remembrance of her, as well as having something that the entire school can benefit from,” Mrs. Bruch said. 

There are two charging port holders for students to use.  

The initial charging port, from the company Kwikboost, hangs on a column in the library. It is a medium sized rectangle with 3 iPhone, and 5 Android wires coming out of two holes on either side with this, it will take an estimated time of 3 hours to charge devices.  

The additional charging station is from the company Anywhere Cart. It’s a large, black and white lock box that holds up to 36 devices. This is placed in front of the library computers. Devices will charge overnight and be fully charged by the morning.  

“Anyone can bring in their phone to be charged, you just have to let us know that it is there,” Mrs. Bruch said. “You can also leave your phone in the lock box overnight. We will make sure it is locked and safe.”  

Ports impact the school immensely by giving students the opportunity to charge their device.