AEVIDUM SUPPORTS STUDENTS

Sunshyne Furlow, Reporter

Initially founded in Calcalico High School when they had a lost a student to suicide, Aevidum is now in one hundred and sixty high schools nationwide, including Bangor.

The word Aevidum means “I’ve got your back” in Latin. This name is fitting for the club because of what they do for the community.

Aevidum was established last year with the main focus of helping students who struggle with depression and other mental challenges that teenagers face. Dedicated club members help by trying to make students feel accepted in their communities.

“We do many activities to make students feel accepted and acknowledged,” Brittany Burham, the president of Aevidum, said.

Last year, the club decorated note cards with inspirational quotes and handed the cards out with candy.

There are currently 16 active members who are currently working on promoting the club more because it is still new to BASD.

“As of right now we are working on a promotional video,” Burham said. “We are even working on our winter project for all students.”

On the December 22, club members will hand out candy canes to students; each will feature a unique inspirational quote that will hopefully warm the hearts of Slater students before the cold winter break.

The club may have just begun, but it’s going to be a great new outlet for struggling students.

If any students are interesting in joining, Aevidum has meetings every Monday after school in the guidance office.