MENECOLA PLANS TO TAKE ON THE MEDICAL FIELD

Kaley Casagrande, Reporter

Well-rounded student and athlete Alayna Menecola finds any way possible to stay involved at BHS.

Through sports teams, clubs, and other after-school activities, Menecola sure has made her appearance known in her four years at Bangor.

Menecola finds herself in leadership positions in multiple clubs at BHS. She is the Vice-President of both the Leo Club and French Honor Society, as well as an active member of the Senior Class Cabinet and Scholastic Scrimmage.

“To me, these leadership responsibilities mean being able to have a voice for how we plan events so everyone can be pleased with the result,” Menecola said.

In addition to clubs, Menecola is also a four-year varsity letter winner of the girls soccer team as well as a two-year varsity letter winner of the track and field team.

During her freshman and sophomore year, Menecola competed in the 100m sprint, 4 by 100m relay race, long jump, and triple jump.

Unfortunately, junior year, Menecola served as the manager of the track team after suffering a season-ending injury in powderpuff.

“Although I had to wait for a year because of my ACL injury, I’m excited to come out this year and finish my senior year of track with my friends,” Menecola said.

Though Menecola will not be furthering her athletic career, her future continues to look bright as she hopes to be a doctor.

In November, Menecola was accepted into Lehigh University where she will be attending the school of Arts and Sciences to major in health, medicine, and society.

Menecola hopes to one day make a smooth transition from college to her next step in life, medical school.

“I have always wanted to be a doctor, but more recently a dermatologist,” Menecola said.

In her free-time, Menecola enjoys spending time with her friends by eating out at nice restaurants, watching movies, or taking a shopping trip, but with a future career in the medical field, Menecola knows she’ll be busy hitting the books.

“Although Lehigh is a competitive college, I love to be challenged and believe all my hard work is going to help me be prepared for whatever my career throws at me,” Menecola said.