STROHE STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE

Meagan Hoffman, Editor

Senior standout Tatum Strohe has dedicated the last four years of high school to academics and athletics. She is now ready to bring these admirable attributes with her to Bloomsburg University in the fall of 2018.

After five years of rigorous dedication as a defender in field hockey and distance runner for track and field, Strohe is prepared to finish out her final season of track on a strong note, while reflecting on her final season as a Lady Slater field hockey player.

“I always looked at field hockey as being an aggressive sport, which requires skill, speed, and determination. I enjoyed the hard work that needed to be done every day. Even though I was injured many times, it only made me mentally stronger,” Strohe said. “As for track, I honestly really enjoy practice the most because you can socialize with everyone. It’s super laid back, but you’re still able to set your own goals and pace.”

Strohe’s strong support system has followed her all the way through high school and middle school sports, cheering her on every step of the way.

“My mom is always proud of me and always makes me feel confident. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, sister, and nephews come to every event they can. My brother also texts me before every big game or meet and encourages me,” Strohe said. “My friends also always surprise me when they show up to my games and meets. It was awesome when they all showed up to my field hockey senior night.”

After many years of playing her heart out on the field, Strohe is prepared to take on Bloomsburg University. Majoring in health sciences and specializing in pre-physical therapy, Strohe has already begun her science field trek.

“I am currently taking Mr. Hobbs’ anatomy and physiology class, which is providing me with an introduction to the material I will be learning throughout college. Mr. Hachtman’s research course has also prepared me for my major, as it will require many presentations and research projects,” Strohe said.

Strohe’s critical decision to attend Bloom this fall was sparked by the sense of home that she experienced when visiting.

“I know several people who go there and who have gone there, and every single one of them said they loved it. When I went to visit, I was attracted to the layout, the overall environment, and how close it is to Bangor,” Strohe said. “I also really love their school colors (maroon, gold, and white).”

As Strohe takes a nostalgic moment to reflect on her high school career, she is excited to see what the future holds for her.

“I’ll miss seeing my friends every day, I will definitely miss football games the most, as it is my favorite time of the year, and I’ll even miss Senora’s jokes and sarcasm,” Strohe said. “I am definitely looking forward to meeting new people and letting my life begin. I’m excited to be free and be on my own, even though I’ll only be two hours away from home.”