FRANKENFIELD SETS BAR HIGH(ER)

Montana Cassaro, Reporter

Track star Hannah Frankenfield made headlines on April 10 during the track meet against Salisbury. She broke the pole vault record held by Michelle Salvamini at 10’0 since 2012. Frankenfield now holds the record at 10’4. 

“I am ecstatic. Breaking the record was such an awesome feeling. I’m just continuing to try and be the best I can be,” Frankenfield said. 

Frankenfields’ interest sparked from her father who was an impressive pole vaulter himself. In fact, he still holds records for the boys team. 

“In pole vault, my dad told me I should give it a try. Ever since then, I just began jumping and was considered the best pole vaulter as a freshman, so I stuck with it and I’ve loved it ever since,” Frankenfield said. “I would love to get a scholarship to a college, that would be a dream, but as of right now I just want to keep setting and breaking records.” 

Although Frankefield is an outstanding pole vaulter, she also has a passion for helping children with special needs. From age ten, she knew exactly what her future held. 

“I aspire to be like my mom who is a special education teacher. I plan to attend East Stroudsburg University to become a special education teacher.” Frankenfield said. “A lot of the times I’m able to go to work with my mom and I love what she does and the environment of the place she works.” 

Aside from her radiant future, Frankenfield spends most of her days outside enjoying all that nature has to offer hiking, running, and swimming in her down time. 

“Running is my go to. If I get stressed, I go out for a run and I instantly feel relieved,” Frankenfield said. “I also run to stay healthy and fit. Besides, it’s such a nice workout.” 

Within school, Frankenfield spends most of her time participating with her fellow members of the TrailBlazers Club. 

Being a part of Bangor Trail Blazers opens Frankenfield’s eyes as she takes in the beautiful view of the outdoors while hiking and cleaning up the community.  

“I joined BTB freshman year and ever since then it’s been a lot of fun. We hike and clean up trails and get to do clean ups. It’s fun to get outside and enjoy the weather,”Frankenfield said. 

Frankenfields’ outgoing personality will be sure to carry her all throughout her bright future as she grows into a better person every day.