SLATER SPOTLIGHT: AUBREY TARR

Michenna Mulvaney, Editor

The very dedicated Aubrey Tarr will be taking her skill and creativity to Marywood University where she will major in illustration to pursue her dream of creating famous art pieces one day.

What three adjectives would your friends use to describe you?

Creative, determined, opinionated

Which friend or friends will you miss most from Bangor and why?

A lot of people. I’m going to miss my closest friends, like Brooklyn Werkheiser, Heather Heath, Jillian Walker, Kate Roscioli, Cayla Stiles, and everyone in my art class. It’s not going to be the same without them.

Which teacher influenced you most or who will you remember most from Bangor and why?

The teacher that influenced me the most was probably Mr. Moran. His classes were pretty difficult, but he always made things interesting with class discussions and fun group projects. 

My best high school memory would probably be the “42nd St.” musical. I was in the pit orchestra and it was both a challenge and a lot of fun. Trying to convince entire classes that whales aren’t real was fun too.

What is your worst high school memory and why?

My worst high school memory was probably a teacher telling the nurse I had fleas because she saw a fly in her roomI hope she figured out the difference 🙂

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?

The soundtrack to my high school career would be “In the Hall of the Mountain King” by Edvard Grieg because it starts out relatively calm, then keeps getting exponentially louder and faster until it’s complete chaos.

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?

The actor that would play my part would be Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson because I think it would be really funny. 

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why?

The first place I’d go in the morning was downstairs to the theater wing to spend a few minutes with my friends before homeroom.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?

In ten years I think I’ll either be broke and drowning in student debt or living in a cave somewhere. Maybe both. Probably both.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why?

I’ll miss the band concerts and musicals the most. I looked forward to them every year and it’s a shame that the spring semester was cut short.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?

My favorite quote is, “Insert quote here.” I don’t have one.

What inspires you to create art? 

There’s no one thing that inspires me to create art, but I’m always motivated to make something that looks cool. There’s a lot of artists I look up to and I want to create things that are just as good someday.

What sparks your interest in technology? 

Honestly, I don’t even know. I just like figuring things out.

What is your favorite hobby and why? 

My favorite hobby would be either drawing or playing video games. RPGs like the Fallout series are my favorite.

If your could travel anywhere, where would it be and why? 

If I could go anywhere, I’d want to just travel all around Europe. It would be amazing to be immersed in all the cultures and go where the wind takes me.