SLATER SPOTLIGHT: MARINO BUBBA

Tinia Burke, Editor

Marino Bubba, after a pretty busy but spectacular career in Student Government (president), National Honor Society (vice president), Film Club (president), Cross Country Captain), track and field, Class Cabinet, French Honor Society (Historian), marching band, and musical, will be attending Columbia University to study political science. His very unique, heartfelt personality will definitely be missed in the halls of Bangor Area High School.

Which friend or friends will you miss most from Bangor and why?

I’m going to miss Jeffrey Steinert because he never ceases to be who he genuinely is. That’s a wildly underrated quality.

Which teacher influenced you most or who will you remember most from Bangor and why?

There is no way I could possibly pick the teacher that has influenced me the most. Every teacher I’ve ever had has impacted me in a unique and vital fashion.

What is your best high school memory?

The first time I ever made people laugh on stage.

What is your worst high school memory?

January 29th, 2018.

Which band could play the soundtrack to your high school career and why?

The Mountain Goats remind me of the complexity of other human beings while having a song for every occasion. They would kill the soundtrack to my life.

If there were a movie made about your high school days, which actor would play your part and why?

Eddie Redmayne mumbles 90% of the lines he acts and I am constantly incomprehensible. It’s a match made in heaven.

When you arrive at school in the morning, where is the first place you want to go and why?

Home.

Where do you predict you’ll end up ten years from now and why?

I don’t think I’ll be psychic which makes this answer a tad speculative.

Which event, events will you miss the most and why?

I’ll definitely miss the Clash of the Classes picnic. It’s a lot of work to pull off, but grilling hotdogs during school time is second to NOTHING.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?

“All simplicity is a lie.”

-Hank Green

It reminds me that there’s always further to go.

What would you say is your biggest inspiration?

The World’s Largest Ball of Paint is my biggest inspiration.

Do you have any siblings? How many?

I have 3 older sisters (explains a lot, I know).

Favorite thing about yourself?

My fingernails.

How do you carry yourself with such confidence?

This is an interesting question because it presupposes that I do carry myself with confidence when, at least to me , it feels the exact opposite. I think maybe it’s because I don’t see myself as needing to be perfect all the time. I don’t take myself too seriously because I am keenly aware of the fact that I am just a dumb teenager who shouldn’t have to be taken seriously.

If you were to acquire a million dollars how would you spend it?

Swedish fish.