FIELD HOCKEY (2022)

Emma Naysmith, Editor in Chief

Slater field hockey 2021 led by captains Bryanna Cyphers, Alena De Rea, Kaylee Holland, Emma Toth, and first year head coach Cheyenne Ott, finished the season with a well-earned 10-7 record.

The season featured its fair share of trials and triumphs. Season highlights included exciting wins over Saucon Valley (2-1) and a 5-0 shutout over Catasauqua.

Mid-season, the Slaters faced Pen Argyl for an intense competition on Slater senior night. The game consisted of an intense back and forth where the Slaters showcased their impressing skill and took a 2-1 victory.

The Slaters ended their season at the District XI semi-finals with a difficult 1-3 loss to Pocono Mountain East. Reflecting on the season, the team can be proud of their accomplishments as well as standout Kaylee Holland in breaking the record for most career goals with a final total of 83 goals.

GOING…GOING…GONE! Sophomore defender Ana Jones powerfully clears the ball away from the Slater goal. Her powerful swing and aggressive gameplay makes her an asset to the Slater defensive front.  
EYES ON THE PRIZE! Senior Reagan Heard scans the field looking to call for a quick pass. After four years of varsity field hockey, Heard will trade in her Slater uniform to play field hockey at Susquehanna University.  
MAKE WAY! Sophomore offender Emma Lautenbacher stealthily dribbles up field toward the goal. Quick with both her feet and stick, Lautenbacher has proven herself a force to be reckoned with.  
HEADS UP! Junior Emma Toth rescues a ball from a sea of enemy green and looks to transfer the ball up field with use of an aerial pass. While the aerial pass may seem intimidating at first, Toth has proven its efficiency and reliability through intentional repetition.  
CLEAR OUT! Senior Alena De Rea powerfully drives the ball towards the goal cage looking for a crucial score. Through her four years of Slater hockey, De Rea has mastered the drive pass and solidified herself a strong presence on the field.