SLATER SPOTLIGHT: JALEXIYA HARDISON

Madison Toth, Reporter

During her four years as a Slater, spirited senior Jalexiya Hardison spent her time involved in choir, women’s choral, band, marching band, and was a member of the varsity cheerleading team. She took on the challenging task of varsity cheer and marching band during the fall of her sophomore and senior year and was able to succeed in both activities. Hardison will be attending a 4-year university to become a medical assistant and ultrasound technician.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why?  

Someone that I will remember the most out of my high school experience would be Mr. Di Minico. He has made such a big impact in my life and always kept it real.

One of my best high school memories would be the pep rallies and bonfire that I was able to participate in with my cheer team.

What is your worst high school memory and why?

One of my worst high school experiences was not being able to finish out my sophomore and junior year due to Covid.

Describe what you hope your life will be like in ten years.

In ten years, I hope to be living my best life.

Which event, events will you miss the most at Bangor and why?

I will miss all of the different tournaments and how we would come together to create the energy that filled the gym.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?

My favorite quote to live by is “Everything happens for a reason.” It’s my favorite quote because it’s true that you can’t change the past, but you can always make a better future.

Describe how you managed the challenges of juggling marching band and cheerleading at the same time.

One thing that always kept me going was a consistent positive attitude and to always work my hardest no matter how tired I was.

What is your favorite cheerleading memory and why?

One of my favorite cheerleading memories would be the competition and how we would all feel afterwards. Even if we didn’t get the place that we wanted, we did it together.