SLATER SPOTLIGHT: JESSICA PARENTE

Liana Reinert-Dillman, Reporter

Senior Jessica Parente is very passionate about becoming a perfusionist. She will attend NCC then transfer to Carlow University. She has been attending Career Institute of Technology for three years for health-related technology to gain a wealth of knowledge before she heads to college.

3 Positive adjectives your friends use to describe you:  

Motivated, caring, determined

What sports, clubs, activities did you do while in high school? Any leadership positions in these? 

While in high school, I participated in ski club for two years with my friends.

What were your standout classes? 

My standout classes were definitely math and English.

Who will you remember most in Bangor and why? 

I will remember my friends the most because they were always the reason why I was laughing and joking around.

What is your best high school memory and why?

My best high school memory is my senior prom, just being with my friends and having fun made that night special.

What is your worst high school memory and why?

My worst high school memory is when I went outside with my environmental science class, and I fell in muddy water. Yes, I was okay.

Who influenced you most during high school and why?

My mom was definitely my biggest influence throughout high school. She was always pushing me to be better and accomplish anything that I wanted.

Describe what you hope your life will be like in ten years.

In ten years, I would like to have graduated from college by then. Hopefully I will find my soulmate and start to have kids. I would also like to build my dream home in California.

What is your favorite quote to live by and why?

“Live your life full of ‘oh wells’ instead of ‘what ifs.’

What is your favorite vacation spot, why? 

Hawaii because it was a different scenery, and the water was very calm and blue. I also got to go with just me and my mom, so that was fun.

If you could only eat three foods for the rest of your life, what would they be and why? 

If I could only eat three food the rest of my life it would be pizza because who doesn’t like pizza. Mashed potatoes because they are my favorite and mac and cheese because it’s just quick and easy to make.

What would be inside of your ideal house and why? 

In my ideal house I would like a big walk-in closet because I have a lot of shoes and sweaters. A pool because who doesn’t want a pool and a huge backyard to have lots of room for my future kids to play in.

What is a cardiovascular perfusionist?  

A cardiovascular perfusionist is the person that operates the heart-lung machine during open heart surgery.