Enchanted dance kicks off homecoming season

Meagan Hoffman, Editor

Homecoming season will kick off with an “Enchanted” dance taking place on September 23 in the high school cafeteria. Student Government Association (SGA) will use ivy leaves, twinkling lights, and other natural elements to execute the outdoor décor.

“I’m excited for the theme this year! We are taking a more simplistic approach, but I think everyone always works really hard to make it nice and this year is no exception,” Vice President of SGA Emily Kolankiewicz said.

Starting this year, the entrance to the dance will be moved. Now, guests will arrive and buy last-minute tickets through the front doors by the bus platform. This will allow students more room inside to stay warm instead of standing outside in a long line, shivering.

“It’ll be something new. We are doing it to hopefully be faster and more efficient. I personally believe that it will help a lot if students follow the directions,” junior Jenna Learn said. “It will help SGA check in the people faster, which means a longer dance for the students.”

As part of kicking off the homecoming season, the court will now be announced at the dance. The following Friday the king and queen will be announced at the football game.

Ticket sales will be held during lunches from Tuesday, September 19 until Friday, September 22.  Tickets will be $8 in lunches, and $10 at the door.