HOMECOMING RALLY TO BRING THE PEP

Deidra Prata, Reporter

Calling all BHS students! It’s the time of the year again when students can show off their Slater pride! Here are some expectations for the upcoming annual homecoming pep rally.

Parading their way to the school

Senior athletes, homecoming court, marching band, and cheerleaders will parade from the middle school all the way up to the high school. They’ll wave at excited mini-Slaters which will be a great thrill.

The seniors will be throwing bracelets and footballs to the loudest and peppiest children on their parade route.

Performances by cheerleaders and marching band 

How could school spirit be shown without our beloved cheerleaders and marching band? They will be giving the students of Bangor High School yet another energetic performance at this year’s pep rally.

“I love performing. It’s so much fun even though it can get me nervous sometimes, I’m very excited to be performing again this year,” senior Hailey Setzer said.

With the cheerleaders dancing, the marching band always gets the crowd to their feet with their upbeat songs and Slater spirit.

Showcasing of the courts

Specifically, this pep rally gets students excited for the announcement of the homecoming king and queen.

Seeing the homecoming court all together encourages students to go to the game and show off their school spirit.

“Being a part of the court is very exciting. Just being in the atmosphere with all of the energy is lots of fun,” homecoming queen nominee Martina Sell said.

This year’s king will be announced at the pep rally while the queen will be announced later that night at the game itself.

With additional reporting by Allyson Heard