ROSSETTI TAKES LOVE OF HISTORY TOWARDS FUTURE PLANS

Kaley Casagrande, Reporter

Through dedication and a relentless work ethic, senior Sophia Rossetti is one of the most involved students of BHS. Rossetti keeps herself busy year-round through sports, clubs, and other extracurricular activities.

Rossetti has spent her 4 years of high school with a consistent balance between school work and after school activities. Her after school activities include soccer, where she earned a varsity letter and served as captain her senior season. Rossetti credits much of that to her work ethic.

“The sport taught me resilience and how to focus on what I can control,” Rossetti said. “I found some of my best friends and the coaches gave me guidance and support both athletically and academically.”

Rossetti was also a part of the Senior Powderpuff team as a first year member. Rossetti was just one of the many components to the championship effort.

“I wanted to do powderpuff since freshmen year, but I was never able to,” Rossetti said. “I finally just decided to do it senior year because it was my last year at Bangor and I want to experience all that I can in this last year.”

It can be tough to meet high expectations. Rossetti takes AP Spanish V, Government, Psychology, and US History to make the most of her education.

After completing Spanish classes all the way through Spanish V and doing an independent study in Spanish VI, Rossetti took on the challenge of learning French her junior year. She is now in French III and a provisional member of their Honor Society.

In addition to French Honor Society, Rossetti is a member of the Spanish Honor Society where she is the President of the organization. She is also Secretary of the Speech and Debate Club, as well as a member of Senior Class Cabinet, SGA, and Leo Club.

“I couldn’t imagine not being so involved at Bangor,” Rossetti said. “Being a leader, I am able to have a say in what goes on in our school and strengthening the connection between the community and school.”

Outside of BHS, Rossetti volunteers her time and intelligence to tutoring middle school students, something she has done since freshman year.

“Through tutoring, I learned to lead with compassion and patience as well as have the opportunity to be around people that have different perspectives than my own,” Rossetti said. “It quickly became one of the most gratifying experiences of my life.”

Although Rossetti keeps her schedule busy, she always makes time to just relax. Whether it be wing night at Detzi’s Tavern or just relaxing at home, Rossetti can be found beside some of her best friends and family during her free-time.

“I’m trying to take in Bangor in all of its glory and spend as much time with my friends and family as possible before college,” Rossetti said.

Rossetti has narrowed her college search predominantly in or around the Washington D.C. area. She is applying early decision to American University as well as applying to George Washington University, Bucknell University, and Washington College.

Her plans are to double major in International Relations and Interdisciplinary Studies, as well as minor in Arabic Language and Culture.

Rossetti’s majors focus on CLEG, which is communications, legal institutions, economics, and government.

“Taking AP Gov in my junior year solidified that I wanted to pursue a career where I would be able to interact with different countries and learn from their culture, identity, and perspective.”

With her dedication and hard work towards what she wants to succeed in, Rossetti is sure to have a bright future wherever it takes her.