PINTANDE FROM SLATER TO OWL

Montana Cassaro, Reporter

Known for reading, spending time with friends, and devoting her time to Leo Club and various clubs throughout the school, senior Leena Pintande will broaden her horizons as she furthers her education at Temple University.  

“Ever since I was little I’ve always wanted to feel like I could help somebody. I also discovered that I am good a listening to people and their problems and being able to give them advice when it’s needed.”Pintande said  

With her passion for helping others, Pintande dedicates herself to Leo Club, as President.  

“I joined Leo Club because it focuses on volunteering. I like knowing we are helping the community with blood drives,” Pintande said. “We usually volunteer at nursing homes as well and it just feels good knowing we are giving back.”  

After many years helping people at Bangor, Pintande will take her leadership skills to Temple as she will be majoring in psychology.  

“I aspired to be a forensic psychologist because I love learning about how the brain works and I found myself interested in the science aspect psychology. I also want to be in the criminal justice field. It’s like I found a happy medium,”Pintande said. 

As Pintande takes on her dream school with her strong interest in psychology, she prepares herself for the challenge ahead by taking rigorous classes that will benefit her, including AP Biology, AP Statistics, NCC Psychology, and NCC English. 

“Taking college classes will help me get a jump on earning my credits, while the AP classes are very good practice because the courses are set up to mimic college,” Pintanade said. “It gives you an idea as to what college is going to be like and if you pass the AP test you earn a college credit, so in the end it’s a win-win.” 

Throughout Pintande’s high school journey, she has had a positive mindset no matter how stressful or overwhelmed she felt. Pintande is inspired by the hard worker her mom is and plans to take after her. 

“I look up to my mother because she always finds a way to stay levelheaded and positive, even when raising five kids,” Pintande said. 

Even with an abundant amount of work in high school, Pintande managed to brighten others’ lives with her empathetic and compassionate personality. Pintande is a true slater.

“Being a Slater means that you’re a part of a giant family even after we graduate. I moved here in the fifth grade, so I didn’t have the full experience of being a Slater, however I made great friends that I know will last a lifetime,” Pintande said. “Nothing compares to Slater pride.” 

As Pintande’s senior year comes to an end, she will forever be a Slater at heart and cherish the memories she made with friends and family.